Re: [hackers-il] Graph Isomorphism Algorithm Summary

  • Omer Musaev
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2000
      Shlomi Fish wrote:

      > Well, I have spoken with Prof. Shimon Even and described the final version
      > of the algorithm to him. He said that such an algorithm, up to some minor
      > differences, was suggested by Guttlib and Corneal about 30 years ago.

      Well, that's the life. But anyway, your work was impressive, and even if
      it will not make
      as an algorithm, it surely did show you many interesting aspects of
      graph theory.

      > If I have the time and nerve I might package the code and put it on CPAN.
      > But don't count on it.

      What you have already done is there, and in case someone will need it, I
      suppose your code may
      be transformed into something both useful and applicable.

      > So, it's nice that I came by it by myself (even though it's based on
      > Moore's reduction for finite automata which I learned about in "Digital
      > Systems"), but it's not a new thing.

      Again, there is a lot of things that we come up to and then discover
      that we are late by some
      50 years. However, I think that thinking is a joyful experience and that
      even if you do not
      wind up with a "product", your efforts were not pointless.