OT: Hebrew books for Kindle and Ben-Yehuda project

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2012
      Hi,

      recently I purchased a Kindle and wanted to put some reading material on it.

      I checked the http://www.benyehuda.org/ but I could not find any link
      to download
      the text in any e-book format, except HTML. Have I missed something obvious
      on the site? If no e-book format, is that some legal issue, technical
      issue or just
      lack of time?

      I even sent an e-mail to editor@ two weeks ago but have not received any reply.

      I'd appreciate any pointers to Hebrew books for Kindle.
      Actually I am interested in both free and paid books.

      Help getting in touch with the Ben-Yehuda editors would be also appreciated.

      regards
      Gabor
    • Asaf Bartov
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2012
        Hi, Gabor.

        Alas, we do not offer e-book formats just yet.  The obstacle is the fact we still rely on icky Word-generated HTML files which are just awful.  I'm actively working[1] on a conversion to a clean intermediate format from which we will be able to generate clean HTML, PDFs, EPUB, etc., so that feature is to come some time in the coming months.

        Cheers,

           Asaf

        [1] https://github.com/abartov/bybeconv

        --
        Asaf Bartov <asaf.bartov@...>
      • Gabor Szabo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2012
          Hi Asaf,

          thanks for the response.

          Are the Word files available from the site?
          If not, could you please send me one? (privately)

          regards
             Gabor