Last Meeting ("Programming Red Flags") Summary + What's Next for TelFOSS?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 10:20 AM
      Hi all!

      The "Programming Red Flags" meeting had a high attendance, and was generally
      very successful. Thanks to all the people who came and special thanks to Yaron
      for volunteering to give such a great talk. Yaron told me he is now working on
      an updated version of his slides, which he'll send to me for putting on the
      TelFOSS site, so expect it there soon.

      He had to cover some of his points more briefly due to lack of time, but it
      was still nice.

      So what's next? There's going to be a large void until August Penguin (
      http://august.penguin.org.il/ ) in August, so I'd like to fill it with
      something. Does anyone volunteer to give a presentation?

      There are some ideas here:

      * http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/OSDClub

      * http://wiki.perl.org.il/index.php/Ideas_for_Presentations

      As a fallback, I can volunteer to give a presentation about CMake:

      * http://www.cmake.org/

      * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMake

      Some of you may recall my project about the GNU Autotools:

      http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/Autotools/

      Well, I've recently switched wholesale to CMake and didn't look back. I never
      really liked GNU Autohell and now that I found a likeable better alternative,
      I don't have to use it.

      Of course, I'm not a good presenter, so it's only really a fall-back. If
      someone is interested in preparing the presentation with me, and then giving
      it instead of me, then let me know now.

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      Best Introductory Programming Language - http://xrl.us/bjn84

      read.