[TelFOSS] Announcement: "Programming Red Flags" on Sunday, 28-June-2009

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2009
      Hi all!

      The Tel Aviv Open Source Club invites everyone to a talk by Yaron Meiry
      (Sawyer) about "Programming Red Flags" - on Sunday, 28-June-2009. (Notice the
      one week postponement).

      The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS
      building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. More information can
      be found at:

      * http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

      * http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_28_June_2009

      Attendance is free and everyone are welcome.

      With any other problems, feel free to contact me:

      http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

      Abstract:
      ---------

      Some programming habits should be avoided at all costs; some should be
      considered with care and some are just divine. Red flags tell us what to try
      and avoid and what to inspect more closely. They are a sign of code that might
      become problematic or straightforwardly dangerous. The talk will be Perl-
      oriented (with Perl examples) but the programming practices are generic and
      can be applied to most programming languages, so if you program in Ruby,
      Python, PHP or other languages, this talks to you as well.

      Hopefully by the time we're done, you'll be able to write cleaner, more
      maintainable, less error-prone, and better code. If not, your money back
      guarantee!
      ----------

      We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have an
      interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll co-ordinate a
      date.

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82

      read.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2009
        Hi all!

        This is a last day reminder that we will have a meeting at Telux tomorrow
        (Sunday, 28-June-2009) at 18:30 about "Programming Red Flags". More
        information can be found in the quoted message below.