Valentina Database and Rosetta

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 3:38 AM
      I recently spotted this on Freshmeat.net:

      http://www.valentina-db.com/

      It's a database server that claims to be very fast. It's object-relational.
      Here's what wikipedia has to say about it:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_(Database)

      They sport some bindings to PHP and Ruby, but not to Perl and Python, for some
      reason.

      Searching for "valentina" on CPAN yielded this:

      http://search.cpan.org/dist/Rosetta/

      It seems like some kind of database abstraction layer, but I'm not sure I
      fully understand what it's about. It's also under the GPLv2+. But it seems
      interesting.

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82

      read.