Fwd: [Telux] Next Meeting: "High-Level Programming Concepts Using Perl 6" on 22-March

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded Message ----------

      Subject: [Telux] Next Meeting: "High-Level Programming Concepts Using Perl 6"
      on 22-March
      Date: Thursday 12 March 2009
      From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif@...>
      To: Telux <telux@...>

      Hi all!

      The Tel Aviv Open Source Club will host part one of a series of talks by Gabor
      Szabo ( http://www.szabgab.com/ ) about "High-Level Programming Concepts Using
      Perl 6" - on 22-March-2009.

      The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS
      building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. For more information can
      be found at:

      * http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

      * http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_22_March_2009

      With any other problems, feel free to contact me:

      http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

      Abstract:
      ---------

      High-level programming concepts using Perl 6

      A series of presentations on learning and using Perl 6 from the ground up to
      the special features.

      Many would think that Perl 6 is just a new version of Perl and that it might
      only be interesting for Perl programmers. However, Perl 6 is in fact a
      compiled language running on a virtual machine that embraces many new concepts
      not found in most programming languages.

      The presentations will be equally interesting for Perl, Java and C#
      programmers.

      During the series of talks we will start by learning the basics of the
      language and will get to various high level concepts. For now we plan 2
      sessions but if we need more time we'll schedule more meetings.

      Note

      After the talk we go to the café at the main entrance where we can continue
      the discussion. If people bring portable computers, we can get the off the
      ground on the spot. VirtualBox images will be provided with everything that is
      needed for playing with Perl 6 set up inside. So you may opt to bring a
      computer with VirtualBox installed.

      ----------

      We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have an
      interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll co-ordinate a
      date.

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/

      <mauke> I'm not interested in what you're doing; what are you trying to
      achieve?
      <PerlJam> mauke: I'm trying to achieve world peace and this regex is
      the last thing standing in my way! ;)

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      "Humanity" - Parody of Modern Life - http://xrl.us/bkeut

      read.