RFC: "What Makes a Software High-Quality?"

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2008
      Hi all!

      Inspired by what Mr. Gary Capmbell (CCed to this message) wrote in a previous
      message to the fc-solve-discuss list, I have written an essay on what makes a
      software program "high-quality". (And by induction also Solitaire solvers.).
      You can find it:

      http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-software/

      A browsable HTML version is available on the directory at the bottom, but
      there are other formats. I'm announcing it here for comments before I make
      the document public, and publicise it.

      Any comments, including silly typos are welcome. If you wish to be credited
      for helping writing the document send me your desired name or psedunym, and
      how to hyperlink it (homepage URL, blog URL, email, no link, etc.).

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      "The Human Hacking Field Guide" - http://xrl.us/bjn8q

      The bad thing about hardware is that it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.
      The good thing about software is that it's consistent: it always does not
      work, and it always does not work in exactly the same way.
    • Constantine Shulyupin
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2008
        Looks interesting! I have a collection of some links (including to ISO
        9126) about subj here:
        http://www.makelinux.net/reference?n=software%20quality
        I'll read soon and add you article too.

        --