Pessimal Algorithms - an April 1st discovery which might yet have some Parrot-like practical uses

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 2:25 PM
      http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/class/fa05/cs473ug/resources/pessimal-algorithms.pdf
      The big and burning question, which I was asking myself as I skimmed
      through the paper, was where could those ideas find a practical use
      besides serving as plot devices in suspense movies. Regrettably, the
      tongue-in-cheek style, in which the paper was written, was not helpful
      in this noble and potentially life-saving (if to judge from suspense
      movies, in which the protagonists play for time until their rescuers
      arrive) quest.

      --
      Perrin's Principle of Inclusion:
      The strength of any system is directly proportional to the