Re: [hackers-il] Big software development projects going sour in Israel?

  • Udi Oron
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hi Omer!

      Omer Zak wrote:
      > Once in a while I read about some project or other, usually in USA or
      > Great Britain, which incurs big delays and/or huge overruns along with
      > under-delivery of promised functionality. All this - after sinking tens
      > or hundreds of millions of US$ or GB Pounds.
      > I don't remember reading about such failed projects in Israel.

      You might find this interesting:
      http://www.themarkerit.com/article/844

      Udi
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
        On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 10:07 +0300, Udi Oron wrote:
        > Hi Omer!
        >
        > Omer Zak wrote:
        > > Once in a while I read about some project or other, usually in USA or
        > > Great Britain, which incurs big delays and/or huge overruns along with
        > > under-delivery of promised functionality. All this - after sinking tens
        > > or hundreds of millions of US$ or GB Pounds.
        > > I don't remember reading about such failed projects in Israel.
        >
        > You might find this interesting:
        > http://www.themarkerit.com/article/844

        Thanks.
        Synopsis for the lazy: this is a news item about a failed IT project
        which Ness was to deliver to Harel, the insurance company. Harel wanted
        about 100 million NIS as compensation.

        Since the article is dated from 19.8.2007, does anyone have more recent
        information about this?
        MS-Windows is the Pal-Kal of the PC world.

      • Uri
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
          On 3/31/08, Omer Zak <w1@...> wrote:
          > MS-Windows is the Pal-Kal of the PC world.

          I prefer my computer to collapse than my ceiling! People don't
          usually die when their personal computer collapses....

          May all victims of PalKal rest in peace....

          - Uri
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
            On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Uri wrote:
            > On 3/31/08, Omer Zak <w1@...> wrote:
            > > MS-Windows is the Pal-Kal of the PC world.
            >
            > I prefer my computer to collapse than my ceiling! People don't
            > usually die when their personal computer collapses....
            >
            > May all victims of PalKal rest in peace....

            Regarding "victims of Pal-Kal" you may wish to consult this:

            http://shlomif.livejournal.com/37841.html