Re: [hackers-il] Re: Free Software compared to Terrorism - looks like the ultimate in FUD

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2008
      On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Omer Zak <w1@...> wrote:
      > See also Scott Dowdle's rebuttal in:
      > http://www.montanalinux.org/just-a-few-clarifications.html

      I thought I'd write that guy an email. Then I looked through his other
      articles. He comes across as someone who doesn't really care what
      other people think, so I rather save my breath and suggest Scott
      Dowdle does the same.

      The best thing that could be done is not link to his post.

      -- Arik
    • Micha
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2008
        On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:47:46 +0200
        Omer Zak <w1@...> wrote:

        > See also Scott Dowdle's rebuttal in:
        > http://www.montanalinux.org/just-a-few-clarifications.html
        >

        > In hackers-il@yahoogroups.com, "Arik Baratz" <yahoo@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Omer Zak <w1@...> wrote:
        > > > http://www.theobjectiveobserver.com/articles/technology03.shtml
        > >
        > > Just FYI, theobjectiveobserver.com is a personal web site, registered
        > to:
        > >
        > > Greg Deckler
        > > 155 Jackson Blvd
        > > Plain City, Ohio 43046
        > > United States
        > >
        > > It's just one person writing all that, and he's far from being
        > > objective or logical. Let me use the good old ad hominem attack and
        > > bring just a few quotes from other articles:
        > [... snipped ...]

        Actually the original article mis-represents the gole, objective and economic
        model of the opensource software and uses that mis-representation to derive the
        weird conclusion.

        I would so that what happens here is just cheap demagogy