Re: [Haifux] [hackers-il] My "Stop Using (and Teaching) C-Shell and Tcsh" Page

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2007
      On Friday 19 October 2007, Oron Peled wrote:
      > On Friday, 19 בOctober 2007, Shlomi Fish wrote:
      > > My problem with FISH is that...
      >
      > What? You of all people have a problem with FISH?

      I don't have a problem with all fish, but some FISH are too FISHy and smell
      bad especially if they stand for Friendly Interactive SHell or FISH for
      short.

      I should note that there's also the fish protocol:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Files_transferred_over_shell_protocol

      which is a way to transfer files over ssh. It is pretty cool, and if you're
      using KDE, you can try it out by using fish://myuser@.../ using
      Konqueror.

      > [couldn't resist ;-]

      Couldn't resist either.