Re: [hackers-il] [off-topic] Hebrew Sites about basic stuff

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
      On Sunday 07 October 2007, Elizabeth Sterling wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have someone in my company who needs a basic primer of things like
      > "What is an OS?" and "What are the differences between Linux and
      > Windows?" and "What is Python?" "What is PHP?" "What is shell scripting?"
      >
      > She doesn't know how to DO these things. She just has to know what
      > they ARE. What's more, she needs this information in Hebrew.

      Well, I suppose I can write this thing myself - it shouldn't take too long.

      But I need to know what exactly you want me to cover. In bullet point.
      Otherwise I'll just answer what you said to the best of my knowledge.

      > (I know
      > where to look for all of that in English...)

      Can you give a good resource for that in English (preferably not too long and
      to the point) with a licence that allows translations? I suppose translating
      it would be easier.

      > Anyone have any good suggestions?
      >
      > - Lisha

      -- An Israeli Linuxer
    • Constantine Shulyupin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
        http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP
        http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%D7%A2%D7%A8%D7%9B%D7%AA_%D7%94%D7%A4%D7%A2%D7%9C%D7%94
        http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%D7%A2%D7%98%D7%A4%D7%AA_%D7%A4%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%93%D7%94
        http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bash

        On 10/7/07, Elizabeth Sterling <lisha@...> wrote:

        Hello,

        I have someone in my company who needs a basic primer of things like
        "What is an OS?" and "What are the differences between Linux and
        Windows?" and "What is Python?" "What is PHP?" "What is shell scripting?"

        She doesn't know how to DO these things. She just has to know what
        they ARE. What's more, she needs this information in Hebrew. (I know

        --
        Constantine Shulyupin
        Freelance Embedded Linux Engineer
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
          On Sun, Oct 07, 2007, Elizabeth Sterling wrote about "[hackers-il] [off-topic] Hebrew Sites about basic stuff":
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have someone in my company who needs a basic primer of things like
          > "What is an OS?" and "What are the differences between Linux and
          > Windows?" and "What is Python?" "What is PHP?" "What is shell scripting?"

          Whenever I have such questions (not these specific questions, of course ;-))
          there is one place I refer to - Wikipedia. You might want to look at the
          Hebrew Wikipedia's entries on these things, and see if they are satisfactory.

          --
          Nadav Har'El | Monday, Oct 8 2007, 26 Tishri 5768
          Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |The meek shall inherit the Earth, for