[off-topic] Hebrew Sites about basic stuff

  • Elizabeth Sterling
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
      Hello,

      I have someone in my company who needs a basic primer of things like
      "What is an OS?" and "What are the differences between Linux and
      Windows?" and "What is Python?" "What is PHP?" "What is shell scripting?"

      She doesn't know how to DO these things. She just has to know what
      they ARE. What's more, she needs this information in Hebrew. (I know
      where to look for all of that in English...)

      Anyone have any good suggestions?

      - Lisha
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
        On Sunday 07 October 2007, Elizabeth Sterling wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have someone in my company who needs a basic primer of things like
        > "What is an OS?" and "What are the differences between Linux and
        > Windows?" and "What is Python?" "What is PHP?" "What is shell scripting?"
        >
        > She doesn't know how to DO these things. She just has to know what
        > they ARE. What's more, she needs this information in Hebrew.

        Well, I suppose I can write this thing myself - it shouldn't take too long.

        But I need to know what exactly you want me to cover. In bullet point.
        Otherwise I'll just answer what you said to the best of my knowledge.

        > (I know
        > where to look for all of that in English...)

        Can you give a good resource for that in English (preferably not too long and
        to the point) with a licence that allows translations? I suppose translating
        it would be easier.

        > Anyone have any good suggestions?
        >
        > - Lisha

        -- An Israeli Linuxer
      • Constantine Shulyupin
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
          http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP
          http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%D7%A2%D7%A8%D7%9B%D7%AA_%D7%94%D7%A4%D7%A2%D7%9C%D7%94
          http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%D7%A2%D7%98%D7%A4%D7%AA_%D7%A4%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%93%D7%94
          http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bash

          --
          Constantine Shulyupin
          Freelance Embedded Linux Engineer
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
            On Sun, Oct 07, 2007, Elizabeth Sterling wrote about "[hackers-il] [off-topic] Hebrew Sites about basic stuff":
            > Hello,
            >
            > I have someone in my company who needs a basic primer of things like
            > "What is an OS?" and "What are the differences between Linux and
            > Windows?" and "What is Python?" "What is PHP?" "What is shell scripting?"

            Whenever I have such questions (not these specific questions, of course ;-))
            there is one place I refer to - Wikipedia. You might want to look at the
            Hebrew Wikipedia's entries on these things, and see if they are satisfactory.

            --
            Nadav Har'El | Monday, Oct 8 2007, 26 Tishri 5768
            Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |The meek shall inherit the Earth, for