Re: Religious Wars (was: Re: [hackers-il] KDevelop vs. Eclipse vs. Emacs)

  • Omer Shapira
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
      A true religious war - and this is my humble opinion - requires common use cases, yet different postulates. In addition, some decent amount of people wishing to invest their time and efforts into the war must be present - otherwise, the war will fall into oblivion.

      Qualities, that person willing to succeed in the religious war should pertain, in my humble^W arrogant (a la guerre comme a la guerre) opinion, are mental rigidity and unwillingness to separate between the cause, the aims and the means.

      As one vague familiar with dialectics of materialism, I prefer to remain atheist in all what is related to tools and means, yet I do have one sound opinion:

              Mediocre software may be profitable, but it is boring and ultimately bad for the developers.

      And if we will return to the original question, from which this current thread was forked, let me say that both vim and GNU Emacs had been polished into state which is very close to the perfection, yet KDevelop and XEmacs still have some way to go up the path of perpetual self-improvement.

      --
      Sincerely Yours,
      Omer Shapira