Re: {Disarmed} [hackers-il] Re: Your "when C is the best tool" article

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2007
      Hi Tal! (and everybody)

      On Thursday 12 April 2007, Tal Kelrich wrote:
      > On 10 Apr 2007 12:45:36 -0700
      >
      > Tzahi Fadida <Tzahi.ML@...> wrote:
      > > On Tuesday 10 April 2007 20:44:18 Tal Kelrich wrote:

      > > > Could you please keep your off list discussions off the list?
      > >
      > > It is not Off-Topic.
      > > This is list is all about hacking and your average off-topic on any
      > > other linux/FOSS/computers mailing list.
      >
      > I didn't say it was Off Topic (although, IMHO it was).
      > It was a private message to someone to continue the discussion off
      > list, such things are best sent directly. especially when the entire
      > discussion was off the list in the first place (only here in this case,
      > because someone felt the need to CC it to the list).

      Just for the record, I'd like to note that:

      1. Aur sent me a message privately.

      2. Since I found the reply of value to a mailing list and since I hate a lot
      of handling such private email, I emailed him back asking for permission to
      CC my reply here.

      3. He said it's OK.

      4. I posted my reply.

      5. He replied to me in private (by accident) with the top-posted, laconic and
      off-tangent reply, that only addressed one of my arguments. After talking
      with him on IM, I found out that he wanted to address each point one by one
      and started a discussion.

      However, that was not the proper way to do it.

      unreplied. (You have been warned).

      If you have any comments regarding my original posting to this list (= the
      reply to Aur's mail) please do. Otherwise, let's stop this useless discussion
      about Netiquette.

      -- An Israeli Linuxer