Design patterns book recommendation

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2007
      I recommend the book "Head First Design Patterns" from O'REILLY to learn
      design patterns. The only problem i find with the book is actually a feature.
      The book is tediously repetitive because they designed it for the beginner
      level with a lot (a lot [a lot]) of examples and insights.

      The book beautifully shows you that being an expert with OO principles does
      not worth much when it was learned from programming books with no design
      patterns in mind. For example, it promotes object composition rather than
      inheritance which is really important.

      I give it a 9 out of 10.

      Enjoy.

              Tzahi.