Re: [hackers-il] The Lotg Code + A New Situation Riddle

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
      On Saturday 18 November 2006 22:52, Nadav Har'El wrote:
      > On Sat, Nov 18, 2006, Shlomi Fish wrote about "[hackers-il] The Lotg Code +
      A New Situation Riddle":
      > > * http://www.shlomifish.org/puzzles/situation/book-under-rock.html
      > >
      > > Your comments are welcome.
      >
      > 1. The "situation puzzle" link on this page has funky CSS (when you go over
      > the link, it gets a green background for a second, which immediately
      > disappear, at least on my firefox 1.5).

      Well, it's a :hover effect. On my Konqi 3.5.x and FF 1.5, it remains there as
      long as the mouse cursor is hovering over there. It uses the same CSS as most
      other links on my home site.

      > 2. Without an answer, what's the point of such a puzzle?

      Well, I don't know if you're familiar with, but in a situation puzzle, one is
      given an unusual situation and has to find out what happened using Yes/No
      questions. It's an interactive puzzle that is normally conducted face to face
      with one person who knows the answer and others that wish to find it out.

      It's described in the link:

      http://kith.org/logos/things/sitpuz/

      > Here is an answer I offer:
      >
      > A troup of boyscouts went on a field trip. One of the kids was a member
      > of bookcrossing.com, so when he finished reading the book he brought
      > with him, he left it under a rock to be found by someone else.
      >
      > How is that for an answer? :-)

      The problem with that is that in that case, he would probably have left it in
      a visible place on the ground, rather than under a rock where it wasn't
      visible.