Re: [hackers-il] The Lotg Code + A New Situation Riddle

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2006
      On Sat, Nov 18, 2006, Shlomi Fish wrote about "[hackers-il] The Lotg Code + A New Situation Riddle":
      > * http://www.shlomifish.org/puzzles/situation/book-under-rock.html
      >
      > Your comments are welcome.

      1. The "situation puzzle" link on this page has funky CSS (when you go over
      the link, it gets a green background for a second, which immediately
      disappear, at least on my firefox 1.5).

      2. Without an answer, what's the point of such a puzzle?
      Here is an answer I offer:

      A troup of boyscouts went on a field trip. One of the kids was a member
      of bookcrossing.com, so when he finished reading the book he brought
      with him, he left it under a rock to be found by someone else.

      How is that for an answer? :-)

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Saturday, Nov 18 2006, 28 Heshvan 5767
      Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |"How could we possibly use sex to get
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
        On Saturday 18 November 2006 22:52, Nadav Har'El wrote:
        > On Sat, Nov 18, 2006, Shlomi Fish wrote about "[hackers-il] The Lotg Code +
        A New Situation Riddle":
        > > * http://www.shlomifish.org/puzzles/situation/book-under-rock.html
        > >
        > > Your comments are welcome.
        >
        > 1. The "situation puzzle" link on this page has funky CSS (when you go over
        > the link, it gets a green background for a second, which immediately
        > disappear, at least on my firefox 1.5).

        Well, it's a :hover effect. On my Konqi 3.5.x and FF 1.5, it remains there as
        long as the mouse cursor is hovering over there. It uses the same CSS as most
        other links on my home site.

        > 2. Without an answer, what's the point of such a puzzle?

        Well, I don't know if you're familiar with, but in a situation puzzle, one is
        given an unusual situation and has to find out what happened using Yes/No
        questions. It's an interactive puzzle that is normally conducted face to face
        with one person who knows the answer and others that wish to find it out.

        It's described in the link:

        http://kith.org/logos/things/sitpuz/

        > Here is an answer I offer:
        >
        > A troup of boyscouts went on a field trip. One of the kids was a member
        > of bookcrossing.com, so when he finished reading the book he brought
        > with him, he left it under a rock to be found by someone else.
        >
        > How is that for an answer? :-)

        The problem with that is that in that case, he would probably have left it in
        a visible place on the ground, rather than under a rock where it wasn't
        visible.