Xen/Vt-d (curiosity killed the cat)

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15, 2006
      I heard something about the next generation of virtualization
      vt-d (or something) to come from intel in 2007 in quad core cpus.

      Is this the solution to the performance problem of video/I-O
      in XEN with windowsOS?
      I.e., will this technology enable you to run an unmodified
      os guest with seemingly no difference when it was run as the host?

      Even today, xen is amazing. How is it compared performance wise
      to VMWARE running windows OS under a VT/pacifica enbled machine?

      Regards,
      Tzahi.
      --
      Tzahi Fadida
      http://tzahi.blogsite.org | http://tzahi.webhop.info
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006

                 photo                                photo2                            photo3
      • tzahi_ml
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
          DSC-00465.jpg

          DSC-00466.jpg

          DSC-00467.jpg
        • tzahi_ml
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
            DSC-00465.jpg

            DSC-00466.jpg

            DSC-00467.jpg
          • tzahi_ml
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006
              DSC-00465.jpg

              DSC-00466.jpg

              DSC-00467.jpg
            • tzahi_ml
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 17, 2006

                         photo                                photo2                            photo3
              • Tzahi Fadida
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 18, 2006
                  Don't touch the last messages, it's a virus.
                  The attachment with HQX is a virus.
                  Not from me (I hope).
                  I have an anti-virus that identifies and removes it.

                  Any of u which has a winbox like me.
                  Check ur computer.

                  Regards,
                  tzahi.