Tel Aviv University Security Forum (TAUSEC) - Sunday 26/feb

  • Gadi Evron
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2006
      The next Computer Security Technological (non-commercial) forum - TAUSEC
      is next Sunday, the 26th of February at Tel Aviv University's Lev
      Auditorium.

      Lectures
      --------
      17:45 - Gathering
      Drinks and light food will be served, free of charge.

      18:00 - Gadi Evron
      Blog Spam: the changing face of spam

      In this lecture there will be a general discussion of what blog spam,
      referrer spam and other web content poisoning spam is. Then we will
      cover some examples, show what the bad guys are doing and some
      technologies they use to accomplish it, while on the other hand, what
      technologies are being used to combat them.

      19:10 - Break
      Drinks and light food will be served, free of charge.

      19:30 - Eran Shir
      Leapfrogs and Honeypots: Distributive defense against computer viruses

      Although computer viruses cause tremendous economic loss, defense
      mechanisms fail to adapt to their rapid evolution.
      Previous immunization strategies have been characterized as being static
      and centralized, which has made virus containment difficult or even
      impossible.
      We suggest, instead, to propagate the immunization agent as an epidemic.

      The main problem with epidemic vaccine propagation is that it is bound
      to lag behind the virus.
      We suggest to give the vaccine an advantage over the virus by allowing
      it to leapfrog through a separate, overlapping, partially correlated
      network.
      This enables the anti-virus to contain the epidemic efficiently.
      We systemize this concept with a 'honey pots' architecture which
      achieves both early virus discovery and rapid immune disseminon.
      We present analytic, as well as simulation, results for a set of
      realistic topologies that illustrate the effectiveness of this approach.

      Attendance is free.

      Gadi.

      --
      http://blogs.securiteam.com/

      "Out of the box is where I live".
      -- Cara "Starbuck" Thrace, Battlestar Galactica.