Re: [hackers-il] The AdSense Bubble

  • cyphunk
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2006
      Omer Zak wrote:
      > My own predictions:
      > - Google will institute a new policy of closing AdSense accounts, which
      > fail to generate at least $2 revenue during the first 30 days of their
      > operation.
      > - Google will advise prospective Webmasters to start their Web sites and
      > promote them for few months before trying to register for AdSense.
      > - Google will provide another service (adapted from existing services),
      > which will analyze a Web site's traffic and advise whether it is ready
      > for AdSense or not.

      A start but one could bypass all of these measures by doing exactly as
      you suggested... starting their bland content or content void sites,
      watch their stats until they get a decent number of hits and then add
      the adsense banners. Ultimately I disagree that it is a bubble. As I
      understand, the adsense system determines the cost for banners/keywords
      according to the click-through vs non-click-through ratio. Therefor the
      system is quite fare to the retailer looking to advertise, regardless if
      their add winds up on a content-void-getting-rich-quick-with-adsense
      site or not.