Re: Free Software-like equivalents of Google?

  • Uri Even-Chen
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2005
      Omer Zak wrote:
      > Now Google is in the news, and "threatens" to engulf the entire world
      > and become the next Microsoft.
      >
      > Just as Linux is competing with Microsoft and is checking its threat, it
      > may be a good idea to have something, which competes with Google.

      I think Google is already a new Microsoft, and should be treated as
      such. Google is a monopoly and treats its customers the same way other
      monopolies do (Microsoft). There is no real competition for Google
      Adwords, Adsense and even Google Search and Gmail. When a company
      becomes a worldwide monopoly, they become arrogant and give poor service
      to customers with high prices. It's not a coincidence that Google likes
      to hire people who formerly worked at Microsoft. Even the new CEO of
      the Israeli branch of Google used to work at Microsoft.

      Here's one example:
      http://www.google.co.il/intl/iw/management.html

      This Hebrew page is corrupted and I think Google don't care. I already
      wrote Google about it about 2 years ago (and a few times since then). I
      think it's disrespect towards Israeli & Hebrew reading customers and
      customers in general.

      And there are many other examples.

      Best Regards,

      Uri Even-Chen