Skip to search.

Homesite Revamp + Switch to a new Hosting

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2005
      Hi all!

      Today I moved my homesite ( http://www.shlomifish.org/ ) to a new hosting
      location that should supply much better connectivity, especially to people
      outside of Israel. That's not all, though.

      I spent quite a lot of time working on the site. There's now a new top-left
      icon:

      http://www.shlomifish.org/images/shlomif-homepage-logo.png

      ( It's based on EvilPHish from the Comics strip UserFriendly. My last name is
      to blame for it. )

      Other than that, I integrated many pages into the main site, with the common
      look and feel, navigation menu, etc. I also began adding new section-specific
      navigation menu. You can find them in the right-aligned grey navigation menus
      to the right here:

      http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/

      http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/

      I plan to add such for other sections of the site.

      Finally, I placed a lot of new content, fixed a lot of typos, added many
      descriptions, and created some categories.

      To accomodate for the changes in this version, I released a new version of
      Latemp, the Content Management System that is used to generate the site:

      http://freshmeat.net/projects/latemp/?branch_id=57738&release_id=208830

      There are still plenty of things that I need to do, but there's already a
      large improvement in the surfer's experience.

      Enjoy!

      bottom 5%.