RE: [hackers-il] Hey ma, no routers!

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005

      > when a user agrees to accept being disconnected every 1 hour - they
      > deserve what they're getting... did it never occur to you that so many
      > disconnections require either fixing the problem or switching
      > providers?
      >
      > no, wait - you signed one of those full-year-no-refund deals? now i
      > remember why i don't sign such a deal with nezeq... they are more
      > responsive that way, i imagine. ofcourse, it comes with a
      > hefty(!) price,
      > but my sleeping at night is worth _some_ money payed...

      I am on a deal for free internet from HOT so I can't complain much.
      Besides, I made a script that makes the disconnection and then reconnection
      seem seemless to the user for most applications. It was not a big bother, at least
      for me. I thought it was the house wiring again. At the beginning it took more than a
      month
      to fix the faulty wiring up to the street. That time the disconnection were half a
      day, not a few
      seconds at a time. I didn't want to go thru that again and I was not going to pay
      nezeq if I don't pay HOT. Beside, in retrospect, they would never be on to it.
      You see, their equipment and statistics told them that everything was ok.
      The poor bastard who got my old lease probably now have the sam problem and
      doesn't know and it probably won't be fixed soon.

      For future reference, here is the ip of that gateway 172.23.96.1, you can use "route
      -n" to see the routes.

      > and the cable guy was right - they don't have routers. they have
      > gateways... speak clearer next time. did you try to use the
      > hebrew word -
      > "natav", or perhaps "sha'ar yetzi'a"? ;)

      I started with GATEWAYs, I then continued to explain the DHCP lease
      and the gateway ip they give. Then, I changed tactics and moved to routers.
      YOU ARE CORRECT, I did not use natav and not "sha'ar yetzi'a", maybe
      he doesn't know english. My bad :)