Re: [hackers-il] The best Solitaire version among MS-Windows XP, Gnome and KDE

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
      On Monday 15 August 2005 00:50, Omer Zak wrote:
      > "It takes patience to find the best solitaire"
      > http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/07/28/1639234.shtml?tid=149&tid=1
      >30&tid=22
      >
      > Alas, the game variant being tested was Klondike rather than Freecell.
      > --- Omer

      One thing that should be noted is that "solitaire" or "patience" is a generic
      name for single-player solitaire card games. The "Solitaire" in Windows is
      actually an implementation of somoe of the many Klondike variants. This
      article insists calling Klondike "solitaire" at times too.

      Another thing missing from it is reviewing PySol, which while not integrated
      into any desktop, is my favourite implementation to play Freecell or Simple
      Simon. (and has support for many other games including Klondike, too).

      Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
      is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of
      paragraphs.