The best Solitaire version among MS-Windows XP, Gnome and KDE

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2005
      "It takes patience to find the best solitaire"
      http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/07/28/1639234.shtml?tid=149&tid=130&tid=22

      Alas, the game variant being tested was Klondike rather than Freecell.
      Jara Cimrman. A name to remember.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
        On Monday 15 August 2005 00:50, Omer Zak wrote:
        > "It takes patience to find the best solitaire"
        > http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/07/28/1639234.shtml?tid=149&tid=1
        >30&tid=22
        >
        > Alas, the game variant being tested was Klondike rather than Freecell.
        > --- Omer

        One thing that should be noted is that "solitaire" or "patience" is a generic
        name for single-player solitaire card games. The "Solitaire" in Windows is
        actually an implementation of somoe of the many Klondike variants. This
        article insists calling Klondike "solitaire" at times too.

        Another thing missing from it is reviewing PySol, which while not integrated
        into any desktop, is my favourite implementation to play Freecell or Simple
        Simon. (and has support for many other games including Klondike, too).

        Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
        is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of
        paragraphs.