iglu.org.il (eskimo) upgrade finished.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 7:18 AM
      Hi all!

      Today, Lior Kaplan and I went to Actcom to perform the iglu.org.il upgrade.
      The bottom line is that:

      1. It now runs an up-to-date version of Debian Sarge. (instead of Debian Woody
      which it has previously ran).

      2. It has a new 320 GB IDE hard-disk, which will be utilized for mirrors and
      for other space-intensive tasks.

      3. The various web-server domains, the mail server and the ssh server were
      rudimentarily tested and found to be functional. (according to these tests)

      As a result of this upgrade, eskimo went offline for several times this
      morning, but now everything should be in order, and we can continue with the
      normal operation.

      We'd like to thank Amir Plivatsky and the rest of the good people at Actcom,
      for letting us host iglu.org.il (and other free software related servers)
      there, and for allowing us to perform the upgrade in an optimal manner.

      Watch the linmagazine blogs of Lior and I for a more complete story of the
      upgrade, and for our thoughts on the subject.

      Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
      is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of
      paragraphs.