RE: [hackers-il] blog recommendation.

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 7, 2005
      > [mailto:hackers-il@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Shoshannah Forbes
      >
      > On 04/06/2005, at 19:43, Tzahi Fadida wrote:
      > > But a more interesting question is how does a blog
      > > reflect on you on the business side.
      >
      > Well, that depends on the type of blog you write. Perhaps there are
      > people out there that won't hire me on the basis of my blog.
      > So be it.
      > On the other hand, I did get my book deal as a result from writing in
      > my blog.
      > On the other hand, I tend not to write very personal stuff, for the
      > simple reason that I find it boring to read. So it depends
      > very much on
      > the type of blog you are planning to write.

      10x for the comments.
      I now also think that real personal stuff are not really interesting
      aside from their diary properties without the privacy.
      However personality does emerge from your opinions, attitude
      and style and thus if someone wants to know you proffessionaly
      he just needs to read between the lines.
      I opened a blog at http://tzahi.blogsite.org (at livejournal)
      and decided to give it a try for a while to see how it goes.

      > > I mean, you don't see executives put out blogs
      > > or persons in similar positions.
      >
      > Some of them do write a blog:
      > http://blog.tapuz.co.il/guyeliav/

      You are right, also I was reading the article in ynet
      about corporate bloggings and saw that I had the wrong
      impression. However, I do believe that some corporations
      cannot handle the inability to control information coming out
      of a company. It could be a PR nightmare if you mishandle it.