yay for Google!

  • Yishay Mor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html

      The Summer of Code is Google's program designed to introduce students to
      the world of Open Source Software Development.

      This Summer, don't let your programming skills lie fallow...Use them for
      the greater good of Open Source Software and computer science! Google
      will provide a $4500 award to each student who successfully completes an
      open source project by the end of the Summer. (payment details can be
      found in FAQ)

      By pairing applicants up with the proven wisdom and experience of
      established prominent open source organizations (listed below), we hope
      to make great software happen. If you can't come up with a great idea to
      submit, a number of our organizations have made idea lists available.