New Story: "Human Hacking Field Guide"

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2005
      Hi all!

      You can find a public version of my new story "The Human Hacking Field Guide"
      here:

      http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/human-hacking/

      Reading from the page:

      <<<
      his is an almost complete story titled "The Human Hacking Field Guide". It
      tells the story of an unlikely female computer hacker (not a computer
      intruder)-wannabe getting taught by an even more unlikely female computer
      hacker. It takes place in Los Angeles, California and is written in English.

      The story is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution
      ShareAlike-License. Enjoy

      And reading from my announcement in my blog:

      <<<
      The "Human Hacking Field Guide" is now publicly available on my web-site. It's
      a humourous story about L.A. high-school teenagers who are involved in
      open-source. There aren't too many technical terms, and it might also serve
      as a good propaganda for more teens and children to become interested in
      computers and science.

      Note that I believe grown-ups may enjoy it, too. So far I received mostly good
      commentary about it by people who read it. The story is not completely
      finished and there are some known logical or plot issues, but it's still very
      usable.

      Enjoy and spread the word!

      Comments, suggestions, corrections and flames are welcome.

      Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
      is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of
      paragraphs.