Re: [hackers-il] Wiki Engine Upgraded

  • Ori Idan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2005
      And what are the main differences in MediaWiki 1.4.4

      Can you talk a little about the upgrade process?

      I installed MediaWiki in several sites and would like to consider upgrading.

      --

      Ori Idan

      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2005
        On Friday 06 May 2005 10:34, Ori Idan wrote:
        > And what are the main differences in MediaWiki 1.4.4

        Well, our previous version was 1.3.11. There are several differences between
        the 1.3.x line and the 1.4.x line. A very important one (that doesn't affect
        us) is that the tables that MediaWiki uses can be configured to have prefixed
        table names. That way, one can host several different wikis in one database.

        Another feature is that rel="nofollow" was added to the external links by
        default in order to prevent spam. Another feature I noticed which I'm not
        sure if existed earlier is that the recent changes page now has an RSS/Atom
        feed.

        For other features that were added consult:

        http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_roadmap#Version_1.4

        > Can you talk a little about the upgrade process?

        The upgrade process was very straightforward. I renamed the old mediawiki
        instance so it won't be served. Then I created a configuration file based on
        a template found in the directory. Then I invoked a PHP script to perform the
        database schema upgrade. Then it was done, except for maybe some
        modifications in the LocalSetting.php file which I had to tweak manually.

        Hacker sees bug. Hacker fixes bug.