Wiki Engine Upgraded

    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2005
      I upgraded the wiki engine to MediaWiki 1.4.4:

      http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

      Now I'll investigate how to turn on rel="nofollow".

      Enjoy!

      Hacker sees bug. Hacker fixes bug.
    • Ori Idan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2005
        And what are the main differences in MediaWiki 1.4.4

        Can you talk a little about the upgrade process?

        I installed MediaWiki in several sites and would like to consider upgrading.

        --

        Ori Idan

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2005
          On Friday 06 May 2005 10:34, Ori Idan wrote:
          > And what are the main differences in MediaWiki 1.4.4

          Well, our previous version was 1.3.11. There are several differences between
          the 1.3.x line and the 1.4.x line. A very important one (that doesn't affect
          us) is that the tables that MediaWiki uses can be configured to have prefixed
          table names. That way, one can host several different wikis in one database.

          Another feature is that rel="nofollow" was added to the external links by
          default in order to prevent spam. Another feature I noticed which I'm not
          sure if existed earlier is that the recent changes page now has an RSS/Atom
          feed.

          For other features that were added consult:

          http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_roadmap#Version_1.4

          > Can you talk a little about the upgrade process?

          The upgrade process was very straightforward. I renamed the old mediawiki
          instance so it won't be served. Then I created a configuration file based on
          a template found in the directory. Then I invoked a PHP script to perform the
          database schema upgrade. Then it was done, except for maybe some
          modifications in the LocalSetting.php file which I had to tweak manually.

          Hacker sees bug. Hacker fixes bug.