RE: [hackers-il] downsides of NDAs

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
      Thanks guys.
      I was ready to skip it but the guy agreed to skip the NDA for that
      particular
      matter he presented to me. I just told him that I don't think that
      signing NDA at
      this stage is prudent especially with a consulting firm.
      Anyway we made it a trust issue and continued.

      I think it's the first time I encountered a problem I never thought
      about.
      When you sign NDA with a firm that specializes with Intellectual
      property
      they can pass their rights and your commitments to other companies!
      I.e. the NDA included some clauses like that. Like your obligations is
      a currency. I am just guessing but I think that if, for example, you
      signed an NDA with one of these firms and they sold their rights
      to microsoft then when you are doing something microsoft don't
      like, this time you have microsoft on your back. Do you really
      want that?
      very similar to debt collectors that buys your debt.

      Regards,
      tzahi.