RE: [hackers-il] Paul Graham on Databases

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2005
      Yes, and the science develops all the time. There is room for
      improvement
      and contrary to common belief, there is room for innovation.
      I personally work on a new algorithm that makes possible what was
      suggested 40 years ago and just now becomes feasible.
      Its painstaking but it is interesting.
      I am on the postgresql-hackers list and the people there seems to be
      mainly implementation guys and less academic but every once in a while
      they come up with new ways to improve the run times of queries and
      caching policy just by empirical trials, guesswork and commonsense.
      Yes, its indeed still interesting.

      Regards,
      tzahi.