Re: [hackers-il] Tweaking the visual studio toolchain

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2004
      On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:17:04 -0800 (PST), omer mussaev
      <eomer_mussaev@...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > Naturally, the software has to be built twice. Since
      > this time my primary working environment is Visual
      > Studio 6, I'd like to have the gcc called from the
      > Visual Studio.

      I once wrote a compiler, which used Bison and Flex. In VS6, you can
      specify a custom build option for files, and these command are
      supposed to return 0 on success. Specify custom build options using
      GCC for your code.

      Perhaps there's a better way, but I don't know it.

      Maybe you can specify a dummy file, for which the custom build command
      would be to run

      nmake -f Makefile

      (which is supposed to work on regular Makefiles)