Re: [hackers-il] OT Religion, Secularity, Atheism and Nationality (was 300 Proofs of God's Existence + Why Atheism?)

  • Adi Stav
    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 25, 2004
      On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 06:32:14PM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:

      > Indeed, many Basques would not like to be idependent, and would not want to
      > be called a "nation".

      Of course. By the way, there are also many others who DO consider
      themselves Basque by nationality and STILL do not want political
      independence.

      But the question that I asked was: would you consider the people who do
      not want Basque independence not part of Basque nationality, and define
      the Basque nation to consist ONLY of that supposed miniority that
      supports independence, like you defined the Zionist nation?

      > 2000 years later, people wanted to form a new Jewish nation. But not all
      > Jews agreed to this, and many wanted no part in the new nation; Therefore
      > the new nation is called "Israel", and it does not encompass everyone who
      > has the Jewish religion.

      Okay, let's put something else straight: is nation equivalent with people
      in your definition?
    • Adi Stav
      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 25, 2004