Re: [hackers-il] Catalog of Logical Fallacies

  • Tal Rotbart
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
      While a logical fallacy, "Ad Hominem" is quite useful. Comes in
      especially useful when the idiot head of R&D suggests something which
      you know is going to lead to software-doom, except, he is too stupid
      to understand the technical reasons for it.

      You thus press Left-Left Fire-Fire Right in sequence and thus given
      the ability for the "Ad Hominem" special attack, which leaves the
      idiot head of R&D clutching his kahunas.

      Q.E.D,

      Tal

      On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:05:32 +0200, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@...> wrote:

      > There's a catalog of logical fallacies here:
      >
      > http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
      >
      > It is very interesting and enlightening. I especially liked the "Ad Hominem"
      > fallacy:
      >
      > http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html
      >
      > In which a claim is attacked based on the one who presented it instead of
      > whether it is valid or not.

      Tal 'redbeard' Rotbart
      Software Wizard

      eMail: redbeard of gmail dot com