RE: [hackers-il] Hungarian Notation

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 25, 2000

      > In that vain, it's interesting to notice that there are no
      > Perl/VB wars,
      > because Perl is not really competing for the VB niche, even
      > though it has
      > the technical ability to do so (Perl/Tk) while Python/Tkinter, with a
      > simialr technical profile, but a different social one, does
      > battle against
      > VB.

      I think thats because Perl programmers work in diffrent places than VB ones.
      Perl programmers have a wide chance to work on Perl projects, VB programmers
      can always find work VBing away, obly python programmers occasionally find
      themselves working on a VB/Java/Perl project, while trying to convince the
      world that python is the best.