Paul Graham's new article

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2004
      Paul Graham differentiates among the American "quick and dirty" approach
      to product design and the Japanese obsession with excellent design.

      http://www.paulgraham.com/usa.html

      I wonder where we, as Israelis, stand in this classification.

      My guess is that the Israeli way is to use temporary solutions, which
      somehow become permanent with warts.

      Another characteristic which I ascribe to the Israeli way of doing
      things is the traditional Israeli approach of doing things with
      absolutely the minimum quantity of frills, because the budget has been
      laughingly small. However, in recent years, there is enough money to do
      some extras once in a while.