Banning "Elad Efrat" [was Re: [hackers-il] The hackers.org.il Domain]

    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 8, 2004
      On Friday 08 October 2004 18:44, Elad Efrat wrote:
      > this has to be one of THE gayest things ever discussed on this list.

      [Unnecessary swearing snipped]

      Will the mailing list's administrators please ban this "Elad
      Efrat" (elad@...) character from this respectable forum?

      Here are the messages that he wrote so far:

      ("and i thought you can't get any more gay")

      (another random swearing).

      I had enough from him.

      Homepage: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

    • Tal Rotbart
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 8, 2004
        On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:02:45 +0200, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@...> wrote:

        > [Unnecessary nitpicking snipped]
        > I had enough from him.

        Then just like I suggested to him, please set up a filter to erase his
        mail from your personal inbox.

        - Tal R.
      • Orna Agmon
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 8, 2004
          On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Tal Rotbart wrote:
          > On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:02:45 +0200, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@...> wrote:

          > > On Friday 08 October 2004 18:44, Elad Efrat wrote:
          > this has to be one of THE gayest things ever discussed on this list.

          > > [Unnecessary nitpicking snipped]
          > > I had enough from him.
          >
          > Then just like I suggested to him, please set up a filter to erase his
          > mail from your personal inbox.
          > Regards,
          > - Tal R.

          Actually, this is different. Allowing the term "gay" as an undermining
          title disrespects the people who tolerate hearing it, just as much as it
          disrespects the person using it.

          This is not about filtering one's private mailbox, but about creating a
          non-hostile environment for upto 10% of the population.

          I believe anyone who uses this kind of language should be banned from the
          mailing list, if indeed such an operation is possible.

          Orna.
          --
          Orna Agmon http://vipe.stud.technion.ac.il/~ladypine/
          ICQ: 348759096
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 8, 2004
            This thread is just troll-food. Stop it, please!

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 8, 2004
              Hi Orna and List,

              I agree that such messages are making the list look worse than YNet
              talkbacks.

              Elad's comments are now moderated.