Fedora Core 2 + netQmail + KMail

  • Evgeny Gesin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2004
      1. First I installed netQmail 1.0.5 on RedHat 9. I sent and received
      messages without problem.

      2. Then I installed netQmail 1.0.5 on Fedora Core 2. Now I cannot send
      (SMTP) messages:
      - Mozilla-mail says "connection to SMTP server failed or server
      refusing SMTP connections".
      - KMail says "Unknown error code 0" and it also cannot determine
      encryption and authentication methods when pressing "Check what the
      server supports" button.
      :(

      But I can send e-mails via command line "telnet mail.domain.com 25". I
      disabled firewall.

      Please advice what is wrong with qmail or KMail or what else on Fedora 2 ?
      Regards
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2004
        Hi Evgeny!

        I thought we made it clear that Hackers-IL is not a help-desk. With this, the
        apf firewall and other questions, please address a more suitable forum like
        Linux-IL:

        Thanks in advance,

        Shlomi Fish

        On Thursday 07 October 2004 11:38, Evgeny Gesin wrote:
        > 1. First I installed netQmail 1.0.5 on RedHat 9. I sent and received
        > messages without problem.

        Homepage: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

      • Evgeny Gesin
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2004