Re: [hackers-il] New Homepage Look + Content

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
      On Monday 04 October 2004 16:08, Ori Idan wrote:
      > Shlomi Fish wrote:
      > >Hi!
      > >
      > >I added a new look and content to the homesite:
      > >
      > >http://www.hackers.org.il/
      > >
      > >There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists.
      > > The source code for this is available here:
      > >
      > >http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/
      > >
      > >Regards,
      > >
      > > Shlomi Fish
      >
      > Why not put the wiki as the main page of the website? after all, all
      > links from the main page point to the wiki.

      I'd rather not:

      1. A Wiki as the main site is considered rather unprofessional.

      2. We don't know if we would like to have other things besides the Wiki (like
      a Form with a CGI script) afterwards. If the wiki takes the whole site, we
      cannot put it there.

      3. There is some non-Wiki content in the site:

      And there amy be more in the future.

      Homepage: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/