Re: [hackers-il] New Homepage Look + Content

  • Ori Idan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
      Shlomi Fish wrote:

      >Hi!
      >
      >I added a new look and content to the homesite:
      >
      >http://www.hackers.org.il/
      >
      >There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists. The
      >source code for this is available here:
      >
      >http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      > Shlomi Fish

      Why not put the wiki as the main page of the website? after all, all
      links from the main page point to the wiki.

      --

      Ori Idan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
        On Monday 04 October 2004 16:08, Ori Idan wrote:
        > Shlomi Fish wrote:
        > >Hi!
        > >
        > >I added a new look and content to the homesite:
        > >
        > >http://www.hackers.org.il/
        > >
        > >There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists.
        > > The source code for this is available here:
        > >
        > >http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/
        > >
        > >Regards,
        > >
        > > Shlomi Fish
        >
        > Why not put the wiki as the main page of the website? after all, all
        > links from the main page point to the wiki.

        I'd rather not:

        1. A Wiki as the main site is considered rather unprofessional.

        2. We don't know if we would like to have other things besides the Wiki (like
        a Form with a CGI script) afterwards. If the wiki takes the whole site, we
        cannot put it there.

        3. There is some non-Wiki content in the site:

        And there amy be more in the future.

        Homepage: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/