New Homepage Look + Content

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
      Hi!

      I added a new look and content to the homesite:

      http://www.hackers.org.il/

      There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists. The
      source code for this is available here:

      http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/

      Homepage: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

    • Ori Idan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2004
        Shlomi Fish wrote:

        >Hi!
        >
        >I added a new look and content to the homesite:
        >
        >http://www.hackers.org.il/
        >
        >There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists. The
        >source code for this is available here:
        >
        >http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        > Shlomi Fish

        Why not put the wiki as the main page of the website? after all, all
        links from the main page point to the wiki.

        --

        Ori Idan
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
          On Monday 04 October 2004 16:08, Ori Idan wrote:
          > Shlomi Fish wrote:
          > >Hi!
          > >
          > >I added a new look and content to the homesite:
          > >
          > >http://www.hackers.org.il/
          > >
          > >There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists.
          > > The source code for this is available here:
          > >
          > >http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/
          > >
          > >Regards,
          > >
          > > Shlomi Fish
          >
          > Why not put the wiki as the main page of the website? after all, all
          > links from the main page point to the wiki.

          I'd rather not:

          1. A Wiki as the main site is considered rather unprofessional.

          2. We don't know if we would like to have other things besides the Wiki (like
          a Form with a CGI script) afterwards. If the wiki takes the whole site, we
          cannot put it there.

          3. There is some non-Wiki content in the site:

          And there amy be more in the future.

          Homepage: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/