President of the Internet - redux

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
      Well, maybe I'm not yet the "President of the Internet". but Google did
      bestow the following titles on me:

      (for each of these "titles" the first Google result is one of my pages,
      not necessarily my homepage)

      "Nadav"
      "hard pronouncing name correctly"
      "wonderful, highly-acclaimed Israeli mathematician"
      "best free software guy in haifa"
      "hacker messing around with Linux and software freedom"

      And the less flattering

      "dangerous raving lunatic and linux idealist"
      "mean human that torn five cute kittens to pieces"
      :-)

      Two years ago, "Technion doggie" used to find me. Nowadays, it finds a
      linux-il posting that discusses this. That's the way google bombs are
      defused :(

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Wednesday, Sep 8 2004, 22 Elul 5764
      Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Why do programmers mix up Christmas and
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
        Cheater ;)

        On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Nadav Har'El wrote:

        > And the less flattering
        >
        > "dangerous raving lunatic and linux idealist"

        Ah? This gives RMS lunch with linux-il.. :)

        > "mean human that torn five cute kittens to pieces"

        This gives someone's blog.

        Damn, are we bored or what? :)

        Adir.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
          On Wed, Sep 08, 2004, Adir Abraham wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] President of the Internet - redux":
          > On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Nadav Har'El wrote:
          >
          > > And the less flattering
          > >
          > > "dangerous raving lunatic and linux idealist"
          >
          > Ah? This gives RMS lunch with linux-il.. :)

          Well, it's not exactly my homepage, but It's my posting... :)

          > > "mean human that torn five cute kittens to pieces"
          >
          > This gives someone's blog.

          No it doesn't, it gives a part of my home page, about my pets (don't
          worry, it doesn't say I ever tore kittens to pieces ;)).

          > Damn, are we bored or what? :)

          :)

          --
          Nadav Har'El | Wednesday, Sep 8 2004, 23 Elul 5764
          Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |We could wipe out world hunger if we knew
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2004
            Nadav Har'El wrote:

            >On Wed, Sep 08, 2004, Adir Abraham wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] President of the Internet - redux":
            >

            >>On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Nadav Har'El wrote:
            >>

            >>>And the less flattering
            >>>
            >>> "dangerous raving lunatic and linux idealist"
            >>>

            >>Ah? This gives RMS lunch with linux-il.. :)

            The most embarrassing thing that happened to me with Goggle was when I
            had trouble with the runtime resolving symbols in some library and when
            I went to the all mighty Goggle to learn more (I searched for "dynamic
            linker") I got as a first hit - my own lecture on the subject in
            Haifux... which was great for the ego, but didn't really help much :-)

            >>Damn, are we bored or what? :)

            The correct answer is of course: "what".

            Gilad