The President of the Internet

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2004
      Imagine we want to elect the "President of the Internet". How will we go
      about doing that?

      If you look in Google for "President of the Internet", you'll find in first
      place http://www.ceoblues.com/archives/2004/february/thepresidentof
      where they suggest that

      "... because Google is unbiased and somewhat democratic it would be used
      to determine the current President of the Internet. Whoever holds the top
      search result for President of the Internet will in fact be the President
      of the Internet. This is an ongoing election. It can, and will change from
      day to day."

      What a fun idea :) "The President"'s current site only has a pagerank of 5,
      so it shouldn't be too hard to overthrow him with a little bit of linking
      with the right achor text to our own candidate's page (see for example:
      http://www.willpate.org/archives/2004/02/13/president-of-the-international-internet.php

      P.S. if you're looking for other fun searches to do on Google, take
      a look at the following Wikipedia article with many crazy search examples:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_bomb
      For example - try looking for "failure" on Google, and see what you get ;)

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Wednesday, Sep 8 2004, 22 Elul 5764
      Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |I intend to live forever - so far, so