RE: Speaking about webmail (was: [hackers-il] about those GMAIL accounts)

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 7, 2004
      maybe this is a calling to the ascii artists out there.
      take the, probably,
      thumb size picture and turn it into an ascii picture.
      maybe after 2 3 tries it would
      work for the textual user.

      Regards,
      tzahi.

    • Ilya Sher

        Tzahi Fadida wrote:
        | maybe this is a calling to the ascii artists out there.
        | take the, probably,
        | thumb size picture and turn it into an ascii picture.
        | maybe after 2 3 tries it would
        | work for the textual user.
        |
        | Regards,
        | tzahi.

        [snip]
        That implies image recognition, I guess, and that
        would not be easy... and that's the whole point
        in showing the image - the system assumption is
        that there is no software that can do that (or
        it requires enourmous amounts of memory/cpu power,
        making the software impractical)

        - --
        PGP k: 3A4A 810C 1C81 79F3 A8C6 2545 90FD 6114 F730 0680
        Rules: *NIX,UTF-8,Lisp,S-exps,FP,Encryption,OSS,VIM,Gnome
        Sucks: M$,XML,Bad Code,Morons on the Web,toy text editors
        Social Engineering - Because theres no patch for human stupidity.
      • Tzahi Fadida
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 7, 2004
          No, I think there are ways to make practical reductions to ansi/ascii text.
          10 years ago I had a software that turns gifs to a rather convincingly close
          ansi text. why do you think we can't do that for 200 pixels or so?
          That still don't make the computer recognize the letters in the image,
          for that you need a human, but the medium can be changed. i.e. ascii/ansi
          text.
          Regards,
          tzahi.

        • Ilya Sher

            Tzahi Fadida wrote:

            | No, I think there are ways to make practical reductions to
            | ansi/ascii text. 10 years ago I had a software that turns
            | gifs to a rather convincingly close ansi text. why do you
            | think we can't do that for 200 pixels or so? That still
            | don't make the computer recognize the letters in the
            | image,
            Mmm.. yep. I was living in a perfect world where the ascii
            art is very close to the actual image. That would require
            recognition I guess.
            | for that you need a human, but the medium can be
            | changed. i.e. ascii/ansi text. Regards, tzahi.

            - --
            PGP k: 3A4A 810C 1C81 79F3 A8C6 2545 90FD 6114 F730 0680
            Rules: *NIX,UTF-8,Lisp,S-exps,FP,Encryption,OSS,VIM,Gnome
            Sucks: M$,XML,Bad Code,Morons on the Web,toy text editors
            Social Engineering - Because theres no patch for human stupidity.
          • omer mussaev
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 23, 2004
              Returning to the GMAIL theme: There's a community pool
              of GMAIL invintations available at:

              http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php

              =====
              --