Re: [hackers-il] GMAIL accounts

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
      On Sun, Sep 05, 2004, Ori Idan wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] GMAIL accounts":
      > Arik, are you getting paid by google to preach for their system? :-)
      > I don't think it is a proud to not have an account, neither it is a
      > proud to have one...

      In fact, if you're a proud hacker, shouldn't you be saying: "Gigabyte on
      gmail? Why do I need that when I have 100 GB on my own server?" :)

      Or, perhaps you should be saying "Using Gmail for mail? What a wimp! I
      do my backups, put my mp3 collections and transfer files of all sort using
      that service!".

      P.S. Google's invitation system was a wonderful idea, and I wonder if they
      realized its potential from the start. They built up a "rareness" factor
      into owning one of their account, such as that a person that gets one of
      them says to himself "who cares if I already have a hotmail, yahoo and walla
      account - these Gmail accounts are RARE. If I have one, everyone will envy
      me. Everyone will think I'm cool!". Even now, when ivitations are very
      common (I got 6 more if anyone wants! email me personally!), most people still
      believe they are rare.

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Sunday, Sep 5 2004, 19 Elul 5764
      Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Diplomat: A man who always remembers a