Re: [OT] Cheap computer's TFT screens

  • mehlng
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20 2:48 AM
      --- In hackers-il@yahoogroups.com, Tal Rotbart <redbeard@g...> wrote:
      > I don't know about you, but word processing on a five inch screen,
      > sounds a little problematic to me. But maybe I am spoiled.
      You're not spoiled - you can afford more. Beggars can't be choosers
      they say, and so are people who want computer for ~1000NIS. There are
      laptops with similar screens so that's why I think it's possible, but
      if you heard of other screens which does not support .28 pixel, TV-in
      viewable from angel, but costs less than 300$ (minimal price) I'll be
      glad to hear about that.

      > In any case, good luck with your venture :)
      Thanks for your wishes

      > Tal
      >
      > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:21:43 -0000, mehlng <mehlng@y...> wrote:
      > > True, however my machine should be better and cheaper and newer.
      > > Except from my experience it is not so easy to find decent laptop in
      > > such a cheap price, decent used laptops starts from 2,000 minimum.
      > > I'm thriving to hand around the 1,000NIS. the backbone computer should
      > > be around the 600NIS and a PSone screen is around the 500NIS (100$) so
      > > if I'll find a parallel price reliable screen I can sell a 800Mhz
      > > small (as in can-height, shoebox width) computers for 1200NIS and
      > > probably for less if using used HD and worse hardware (CPU,
      > > motherboard). I think many people will benefit from that.
      > > --- In hackers-il@yahoogroups.com, Tal Rotbart <redbeard@g...> wrote:
      > > > I think your potential market is already shopping for used
      laptops for
      > > > around (1,000 - 1,500) on the Fresh.co.il buy/sell/swap forums...
      > > >
      > > > Tal

      is small