Re: Found! (was: Re: [hackers-il] Specifying a file fragment in URI)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2004
      On Mon, Jun 28, 2004, Omer Zak wrote about "Found! (was: Re: [hackers-il] Specifying a file fragment in URI)":
      > I tried again to google and found:
      >
      > http://dret.net/netdret/docs/draft-wilde-text-fragment-00.html
      >
      > It is exactly what I was looking for!

      You should note that HTTP 1.1 already a way to get only a byte range from
      a file: search "byte ranges" in:

      It's not exactly what you wanted, but it's an efficient way to actually
      get just the byte range you're interested in, instead of getting all the
      file and then taking just a part of it. (of course, this only applies if
      you get files with HTTP; FTP has another method for getting a part of the
      file).

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Monday, Jun 28 2004, 10 Tammuz 5764
      Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Windows-2000/Professional isn't.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
        Hi all,
        I am writing an academic research programm and I need an open source JAVA
        library or technique to plot an xy graph. There must be, however, an ability
        to plot thousands of points on the graph since I have a large data set.
        also, since the data is big, It must also have scrolling or zooming
        capability so we can visually local maximal points, etc...

        I would very much apperciate any help.
        10x.

        Regards,
        tzahi.